Available as part of the Accessories Collection for $18
Difficulty: Engaging (click for info)
Caulfield is a collegiate, worsted-weight beanie in a cabled argyle pattern, inspired by the angsty yet compelling voice of J.D. Salinger's famous Catcher in the Rye protagonist, Holden Caulfield. Toasty warm, classic yet modern, Caulfield is the perfect cap for the wintry urban landscape: always such an inconveniently chilly locale for an identity crisis. Working the design in DK-weight yarn will result in a lady's size, because good-looking trials of faith come in all genders.
The Caulfield Beanie features twisted-stitch ribbing that flows organically into the argyle cable pattern of the main body, which in turn transitions seamlessly into the crown decreases. The pattern DOES require the ability to read a cable chart, but features instructions on how to cable without a needle.
This pattern is available individually and as part of the Accessories Collection.
- To fit a head 21(24) inches in circumference
- 6.5(5.5) sts/inch and 7.5(6.5) rows/inch in cabled argyle pattern
- 275(175) yards DK(Worsted) weight yarn (pattern photos modeled in undyed Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm Cormo Worsted [100g/210yd])
- 1 set of 5 US#3/3.75mm (for the smaller size) OR US#7/4.5mm (for the larger size) double-pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Working in the round
- Reading cable charts
- Twisted-stitch cabling without a third needle (instructions included in pattern)
- Knitting through the back loop
- Working k2tog and ssk